Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Arrival of Baby Emi

Today is the day our little princess, Emi, was due to make her entrance into the world. However, she had plans of her own. She has been with us now for two and a half weeks, but it seems like we have never been without her. Let me give you a summary of our Christmas and the arrival of our sweet little girl.
This Christmas was a bit stressful for me. We had both of our families over for Christmas Eve, including several extended family members, about 30 people in all. Jesse was working like crazy saving the Pandora world so I was left to do the party myself. Thankfully his mother and step-father had come into town a few days earlier and Connie helped me clean and cook. We had a great time once I was able to stop stressing! Then the next morning I gave a talk in church which also turned out to be just fine and something I shouldn't have worried over so much.
After church we opened gifts with Connie, Fred and Jenny.

I got my dream diamond pendant

and Jesse got a snowblower















It figures the year we get a snowblower the weather decides to be spring-like in January! Next on our list of events was my parents' house for Christmas dinner and gift opening with my family. After a few hours with them, we headed to Jesse's Aunt Jessica's house for dinner #2 and more gift opening. This is when things started to get interesting.
Jesse had fallen asleep on the couch and I was sitting on the floor at his feet watching The Christmas Story.


Jessica got out pumpkin pie, so I got up to get myself a piece (I never turn down pumpkin pie, even when I have to get my big 37.5 week pregnant self off the floor to get some). After the pie I decided I couldn't do the floor again so I went into an empty room and sat on the couch. Ahh, it felt nice sitting down in a quiet place alone for just a minute. Then all of a sudden, whoosh. Oh my gosh. Did I just wet my pants? After a little investigation and googling I decided I had passed my mucous plug, which meant our little lady would be coming any day now. Ack!
Jesse and I headed home so I could clean up a bit and were going to head back to my parents' house for desserts and games. I took three steps out of the bathroom, felt another small whoosh and decided we should go get this checked out...just in case. I felt really silly because I thought for sure I was wrong, but it turns out my water really had broken.
Well, about 14 hours, a traumatic epidural that didn't work, and 35 minutes of pushing later, our little love bug was born on Monday, December 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long. Jesse and I both cried our eyes out and were immediately in love. She is a sweet little princess and we love her so much.

Dr. Huang, Judy (the best nurse ever) Jesse and me (about wanting to die at this point).


I love Jesse's face in this one.



We were both very emotional.

Looking a little busted and cheesy.

One of the first things I remember after her birth is Jesse asking the nurse if the cone head would go away. He was really concerned. :)


Daddy's in love!

Mama was there for the whole thing.

So happy she's finally here!


Papa's newest addition to the top of the totem pole.

Nonna was such a huge help. She cleaned our whole house, even did the laundry. Here she is holding her newest love!

Daddy and Grandpa Fred.

Papa and all 5 of his granddaughters!

Our first walk! Thank goodness for beautiful weather in January. We walked up the street to Mama and Papa's house where we've been spending lots of time while daddy is at work. They have been taking such good care of us.

Hairy back and shoulders! Daddy and I will pay for hair removal if this becomes a problem. :)

Bath time - NOT her favorite.

Her first bottle. Hooray, success!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I was really curious how you went from speaking in church to being in labor later that day. I can't wait to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! How exciting and what a beautiful Christmas present!

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! What a fun story to have, now that it's behind you. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse's face IS priceless in that picture! i love it! Congrats Kristal, she is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Another blog to stalk. I love all the pictures of your sweet little baby and can't wait to see her in person. And yes, that picture of Jesse IS awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say the same thing as Tracie :) Congratulations Kristal and Jesse! Heard you had an eventful time after little Emi arrived, sorry I've been such a loser friend. Can't wait to meet her, she is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay welcome to the blogging world. First I have to say you are so beautiful and photogenic and just radiant. And your little baby girl is so gorgeous, I love her little wrinkles and full head of hair. I can't think of a better Christmas present. I'm so so happy for you Kristal!

    ReplyDelete